Tire application guide
Maximum load, speed and distances likely to be achieved-ETRTO recommend that speeds for forklift trucks do not exceed 25 Kmph, with a maximum travel distance of 2 Kms at that maximum speed.
Tire maintenance guide
The Tire Maintenance Guide aims to help customers maximum tire life and minimise downtime. The best way this can be achieved is through regular professional tire management and planned maintenance. Industrial tires are highly durable products. Damage and failure are most often caused by external factors such as:
- Load capacity: Overloaded tires will fail due to separation caused by rapid temperature build up, radial cracks, etc.
- External factors:
– Impact damage caused by forcible contact with pallets, rails, pot holes etc.
– Fast acceleration and harsh braking together with driving distances in excess of industry guidelines that lead to irregular wear and heat build up.
– Poor ground conditions can cause chipping and chunking of the tire.
– Improper tire fitment will result in tire spin, vibration, and excess heat buildup in the bead area.
- Solid Resilient Tires: Three categories-
– Black tires: The performance characteristic of these tires are in terms of good traction, low rolling resistance, low heat buildup, optimum tread life and full load carrying capacity
– Non Marking tires: The performance is the same as black tires and used in applications and industries such as food and beverage, optical equipment, paint production, pharmaceutical industries and other government approved industries.
– Antistatic tires: This compound is used in high risk and flamable operating environments such as explosives or ammunition stores where there is a constant risk of fire or explosion.
- Press on Band tires: For certain forklifts in an extensive range of smooth and tread pattern options. Available in Black and Non Marking tires.
For all regular working conditions
Well suited for a range of tough applications
|Applications||Download brochure (PDF)|
Skid Steer Tires
Natural rubber formulation with Aperture sidewall design
Our Air Ryde brand skid steer tires are engineered specifically
|Download Brochure (PDF)||Applications|